Looking to make
At Allbirds, we're all about making shoes people feel good in and good about - using the world's best natural materials. Think you're up for the challenge? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Infrastructure and Service Engineer
Shanghai, China | Engineering Team | Reports to IT Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for life’s everyday adventures. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
As a fast growing, global company, we need your help to elevate our IT systems and processes to a world-class level. Automating onboarding and offboarding processes, managing physical assets, administering enterprise SaaS products, enforcing access control, tightening IT security, and managing Retail Store technology at scale are just a few of the problems we must solve. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to expand our core IT systems and processes in order to sustain our rapid growth.
What does the job entail?
- This is a very hands-on role. You will work very closely with our IT Manager to ensure projects and support requests are completed in a timely manner. You will have the opportunity to grow into a larger role as we continue to grow.
- Develop and document IT processes and best practices
- Become an automation master. You will be responsible for implementing automation and self-service tools to enable a world class employee experience with our technology
- Maintain and improve upon systems and processes for onboarding/offboarding employees
- Manage the provisioning, tracking, and support of all hardware deployed to Allbirds employees, China Corporate Offices, and to our China Retail Store locations
- Support China Corporate Offices and Retail IT equipment (network/printer/video conferencing/telecom/security systems/etc.)
- Support/Manage digital innovation rollouts in our Retail Stores
- Help our global workforce with technology issues
- Manage company-wide systems (ex. G Suite, Zoom, Asana, Office 365)
- Work with cross-functional partners to find efficiencies and execute improvements to our internal systems
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You have a passion for helping others overcome obstacles by using technology
- You are extremely organized, a meticulous note-taker, and prioritize taking the extra time to write and maintain documentation to enable others to self-serve
- You think deeply about creating scalable systems and processes, particularly those that enable you and others to move on to the next problem to solve
- You strive for simple solutions and believe in not re-inventing the wheel
- You embrace challenges and do not compromise on great end-user experiences
- You are curious, always tinkering with new technologies to find alternate way to solve real problems
- You have strong opinions and can communicate them well. You also hear all sides of a debate and can adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it
More practical skills needed:
- 5+ years of progressive experience within IT
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Fundamental knowledge of network infrastructure standards (OSI Model, VLANs, 802.1X, VPNs)
- Ability to use a user-focused approach to determine and resolve problems
- Respond with the appropriate sense of urgency to requests
- Experience operating within high growth and fast paced company environments
- Experience with end-user customer support, including strong technical knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows, LDAP, Chrome OS, Meraki, Okta, or similar alternatives
- Strong Experience with Alibaba Cloud including security patterns, resilient deployment patterns, and monitoring
- Experience with Linux and Windows maintenance and security is a plus
- Experience with Retail POS and ERP maintenance is a plus
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
Please apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, we're excited to hear from you
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves.
As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, color brainstorms, product tests, fun company outings, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
We are on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.