Looking to make
At Allbirds, we're all about making shoes people feel good in and good about - using the world's best natural materials. Think you're up for the challenge? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Allbirds | Chengdu, China | Reports to Manager, Retail Operations (China)
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for life’s everyday adventures. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where do we need help?
We're looking for an impactful retail leader to run our first store at Allbirds Chengdu, China
Who are we looking for?
You're a seasoned store manager who embodies the mantra of “no task is too small”. You'll work alongside our brand ambassadors to deliver an amazing customer experience to visitors, handle ongoing inventory management, and work continuously to make our back room and inventory more efficient.
This role has high visibility and carries significant opportunity for growth as we expand our retail footprint.
What does the job entail?
- Promote and monitor high quality service among all retail employees through training and leading by example
- Help to hire standout people and inspire our existing employees
- Conduct regular employee reviews and maintain constant dialogue to ensure the happiness and well-being of each employee (open-door policy)
- Build a positive and inclusive team culture
- Develop succession planning processes and practices to retain top talent
- Deliver fantastic retail experiences to customers
- Maintain opening and closing procedures
- Maintain an efficient ordering system for all necessary store supplies
- Maintain cash count and control
- Maintain acceptable inventory shrinkage as percentage of sales
- Implement Loss Prevention Security measures
- Provide feedback on all areas of operations to help streamline and improve retail policies and procedures
- Work with Employee Experience team to ensure the store is in compliance with all China laws and regulations
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment for employees and customers
What might describe you?
- +5 year retail management experience required, ideally in fashion or footwear
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Strong leadership skills
- Familiarity with inventory management, stock takes, inventory counts, replenishment cycles
- Experience in staff scheduling and management
- Connection to Allbirds's philosophy and products
- Pride of ownership with store appearance, cleanliness and organization
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Self-starter who will take the initiative to improve existing processes and procedures
- Willingness to chip in and do anything necessary to make the store a success
What we can do for you？
- Competitive salary
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes!
Please apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, we're excited to hear from you.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves.
As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, color brainstorms, product tests, fun company outings, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
We are on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.